(S)EARCH (E)NGINE (O)PTIMISATION
The process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines.
SEO Auditing & Consulting
SEO Audits act as roadmaps for search engine optimization success. A typical project includes diagnosis of problems as well comprehensive explanations and steps to take to remedy identified issues. Audits include technical points of failure, strategy outlines, identification of competitor weaknesses, website redesign or migration planning, and performance reporting.
Ongoing management relations extend your marketing team and search marketing performance. Projects include strategic planning, guided technical implementation, continuous analysis and reporting, and sustainable link building strategies.
Answer the Big Questions
Our SEO audit services are more than just a cookie-cutter report based largely on automated software, and they’re more than just a checklist of your problems. We start each audit with a discovery phase and kickoff call, followed by a post-discovery check-in. At the end of each audit, we schedule a debrief session to review the audit deliverable and our professional recommendations, as well as answering any lingering questions.
Your takeaway will have the answers to your million dollar questions like:
What is limiting our website’s search engine visibility in regards to both content and technical setup?
Where do we stand in our SEO efforts as compared to online competitors in our niche/market?
What are the immediate tasks that I can make to see improvement?
What long-term goals should I set to ensure continued traffic growth?
In your SEO Audit, we review and report on the following:
- Check that you are using Google Analytics.
- Check that you have Google Search Console set up correctly.
- Check Title tags for every page.
- Check Description tags for every page.
- Ensure correct use of Headings on every page.
- Check your keywords on every cornerstone page (this makes sure you are using the right keywords!)
- Check the keyword consistency on every cornerstone page.
- Check your site is connected to your Google+ Business Page.
- Check for any broken links.
- Review all external links, ensuring they are set to no-follow.
- Review all incoming links and identify any toxic links.
- Ensure your WWW resolves correctly and you don’t have any temporary redirects in place.
- Check for any domain credibility issues or strikes from Google from previous owners.
- Check for a sitemap.
- Ensure your robots text file is correct.
- Ensure no flash or embed objects are affecting your rankings.
- Check that your site is mobile responsive and passes the Google test – if it does not, we can’t fix this one – but we’ll work with you and your web developer to patch this up – this is a HUGE issue and you’d be surprised how many people have no idea their site is NOT mobile friendly.
- Make sure your site is touchscreen friendly.
- Check the page loading times on desktops and mobile phones to see if your web hosting is up to speed.
- Check for a custom 404 page.
- Check that you are declaring the correct language for your site especially if you’re targeting overseas visitors.
- Check to see if there are any opportunities for you to purchase similar domain names to protect your brand and possibly set up permanent redirects from them to your site.
- Check email privacy on your website and that you are using anti-spam measures, such as CAPTCHA on your forms.
- Check that you are recording conversions on your enquiry forms with Google Analytics.
- Check Google previews and index listings.
- Check headings, keywords, alt attributes on images.
- Check for your Google+ page.
- Check links and backlinks, hosting performance and speed, mobile suitability, hosting technology & platform suitability.
- Discover your hosting location – check geographic suitability to your client base.
- Check your hosting technologies for any potential security flaws (for example, WordPress being out of date).
- Check if you are using SSL.